November 22, 2010

November 22, 2010

'Allo there.
Hey everyone!!!

How's it going? Everyone alive and well?

That's good. I'm doing well also. I'm having a great time out here. We have a baptism this upcoming Saturday and we are so excited! It's a part member family, the Alvis family, and the Bro. Alvis is baptizing his wife and daughter. They are so awesome and are so ready to be baptized. It's gonna be great. This will be the first baptism this branch has had since September 2009 so the branch is really supportive. They're seriously excited about having a new member. Their last recent convert was ordained an Elder two Sundays ago. So things are moving forward. We're hoping and praying and doing all we can to have at least two baptisms in December (maybe baptize someone on Christmas). IIIIIII'm dreaming of a whiiiiiiite Christmas! Where everyone will be baptiiiiiiiiized!! Anyway, it's going well.

So, it's almost Turkey day and we have 2 dinner appointments on that day. One with the Alvis family, and one with the Roarks (the eldest Roarks because there are so many of them) So we're gonna have a lot of food. It's gonna be cool. And guess what? A month (exactly!) from Thanksgiving I'll be calling y'all. Yay!!! And I'll be sending a package for y'all for Christmas. I made some stuff for you all that I'm going to send. One for each family. So I'll send one to dad, one to mom, and one to grandpa. You'll love it.

Um, is it alright if I send my wish list to you so you guys can send it to Santa?

This goes to the tune of All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth:
(clears throat)
All I want for Christmas are my working boots
My working boots
They're in my closet down stairs
If I could just have my working boots
Then I'd be so very happy!
(We do a lot of service out here and my tennis shoes aren't cutting it.)
-Maybe some ties
-My Jordon Bluth Christmas CD.
-And some other music (a cappella stuff, other uplifting stuff too)
-And anything else you think Santa should send me
-And the recipe for No-bake cookies (look at the P.S. for the reason why)

I love you all and I keep praying for you.

Stay safe!!!

-Elder Ricky-dude

P.S. So these pictures are of Elder Gaunts no-bake cookies that he made (WITHOUT peanut butter and WITH Chow Mein noodles and Coconut and which did not set up hard enough, they were always mushy), us and Jacob Alvis (who is two and crazy) and other cool pictures. And a picture of the Final Fantasy V Florists (I don't know what the FFV in this case stands for but I thought is was funny). The bright red thing is dogwood and it's right near out apartment. Then this is Pickett Reservoir on a calm day.
Elder Gaunts no-bake cookies that he made (WITHOUT peanut butter and WITH Chow Mein noodles and Coconut and which did not set up hard enough, they were always mushy)
Elder Gaunt, Jacob Alvis (who is two and crazy)and Elder Mangum
Final Fantasy V Florists (I don't know what the FFV in this case stands for but I thought is was funny)
Dogwood bushes near our apartment
Pickett Reservoir on a calm day