November 1, 2010

November 1, 2010

Hello!

How are ya'll doing today?

I'm doing splediferous. My companion and I have already set two people here for baptism and we're hoping to set more for baptism in the upcoming week. It's been fun out here in the middle of nowhere. We get eggs from the members at least once a week and they're awesome brown eggs. We get them from a few different families but we mostly get them from Bro. Berryman, our branch mission leader. So that's a great thing about being in the country. We can also get milk from some members, and we can even get goat milk. So it's pretty cool.

Oh, I'm sending a recording home to ya'll. I know it's been a while since I've sent one, but I'm sending one now. I'm also sending some pictures home so you can see what It's like out here. It's so beautiful. The open sky, the changing leaves, the rolling hills. It's awesome. I wish you could all see what I see everyday. There's a lot of stuff out here that's pretty amazing.

So, it's coming to that time of year where every missionary gets trunky. But never fear, all I have to do is remember that it's only about 2000 miles (HOLY CRAP!!!!!) that separate us. ;) I'm just being funny. I swear I've never laughed as much on my mission as I have here in the Burkeville branch. The members here are so real and love life so much that you just can't keep yourself from having fun with them. I love it out here!!

I love ya'll lots and I'll email you next week.

Love,

The big fluffy missionary,

-Elder Ricky-dude

P.S. I can't send that many pictures home because of the limitations on the email. I'll have to print them off and send them in the mail.

NOTE: Rick's new companion is Elder Gaunt (sp?)

New Address: Elder James Mangum
620 S Main St. apt B-8

Blackstone, VA 23824