October 25, 2010

October 25 2010

My New Area

Hey ya'll!

So last Thursday was transfers and it was a doozy. My companion and I got shotgunned (both missionaries leaving and two new ones coming in)and we had no idea how to get to our apartment. It was pretty crazy. We almost got lost. Out here you definiately need a GPS or you're gonna be lost for a while. But it's fun... and yes it's country. The towns are less than 4 miles across and are about 4 or 5 miles from each other. But the branch out here is solid. The active members have such faith that it's inspiring. Church was pretty amazing. Most of the members have at least a few acres of land and are doing some sort of farm work.

By the way my new address is:

620 S Main St. apt B-8
Blackstone, VA 23824

This link looks right at their apartment building!


So if you have anything to send me, send on!

These past few days have been pretty tough for me because my face wants to explode. My sinuses are hurting SO bad. I got some Nyquil to help (it's funny, it doesn't put me to sleep) and it's slowly going away. I was down for the count for Friday and Saturday. But it's slowly working it's way out of my system.

My new companion is a big guy who likes all the same things I do. When he came out on his mission he was pushing 300 pounds (like me) but now he's down to 230! He told me that he lost most of his weight in a car area, so there's hope for me yet! He taught me a trick where you have 3 glasses of water lined up in front of you at your meals and you take a drink after every bite. If the water is not gone before you're done, then something is wrong. I'm going to be doing that so I can lose weight. I'm excited. (By the way, he knows how to crochette, is that how you spell it?)

So yeah, everything is going great.

I'm excited to hear from ya'll. And I love you the mostest!

-Elder Ricky-dude