March 21, 2011

March 21, 2011

So, have you ever had a scar that was always where you could see it and it brought back memories you really didn't want to remember? The good thing about physical scars is that they will fade with time, or even quicker if you use aloe on them. But don't you wish there was aloe that you could use on your mind and memories?

Well, there is. It's called the Atonement of Jesus Christ. And what better way to explain the power of it than with a story.

Saturday night while I was asleep, I had a nightmare. In the nightmare, I did something seriously bad that I would be punished for very severely. The scary part was, I couldn't tell if it was real or not. So in the nightmare, I'm freaking out about it because I know I did something wrong and I needed help but I couldn't find it. Not help to cover it up because I knew that would be even worse if I tried to do that, but help to get through what was coming. Then when I woke up Sunday morning, I prayed for dear life that I could be forgiven of letting my mind get away like that. It seriously scared me. I physically felt like there was a giant metal clamp on my insides that just kept slowly getting tighter. With that clamp getting tighter, a sense of helplessness was coming with it. I knew Satan was really working hard on me at that time. As we went to church, I was continuously praying in my heart that, when I partake of the sacrament, I would be able to have those thoughts washed away, because I knew that the sacrament is basically being baptized again without going under the water. I prayed my hardest and the clamp seemed to slow down and a glimmer of hope, a thought that I would make it, shined through.

When I was finally able to take the sacrament, I felt relieved. The clamp was gone, the hopelessness was gone for the most part, but the scar was still there and fresh in my mind. As I was sitting down listening to the speakers, my mind kept going back to the scar and I kept feeling the clamp, though not as strong as earlier. I kept telling myself to stop thinking about it. Then, as clear as day, a voice said, "You DO need to stop thinking about it". The scar faded drastically. The Lord had stepped in and put the aloe of the Atonement on the scar. It's still there, but it rarely shows up in the front of my mind. I knew that I was going to be alright. I know that the Lord is there for me.

The Atonement of Jesus Christ is as real as the earth we're on. It's as real as the air you breath. Even though you can't see the air, you can feel it's cool breeze when it comes through. He is really there. He will help the scars fade if you will turn to Him with all you heart, mind, and strength. I promise you that. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

-Elder Ricky-dude

--
P.S. The Church is true!
P.P.S. FROG - Fully Rely On God

Explanation of pictures:

Bo, the big white puppy, is a Great Pyranese who was about 2 months old at the time the pictures were taken. And the cow is a ninja cow I caught off guard so I got a picture of him. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to see him. :D