November 21, 2011

November 21, 2011

So Howdy!!!

This past week was... gone so fast I don't remember most of it. Literally. Time is going way to fast for me.

The biggest thing I remember from this past week was that we taught this atheist guy. He's not contentious at all, he just is having a hard time understanding the spiritual side of things. He's a great guy, very nice, very intelligent, almost too intelligent for his own good. He's a history guy and loves that kind of stuff. The last appointment we had with him was pretty interesting. We started talking about the Book of Mormon and how his reading was going. He didn't start from the beginning, he only flipped to random parts and read from there. We ended up talking about physics, Einstein, the big bang theory, and that kind of stuff. It was weird. I came away from that lesson with a greater appreciation for having the Gospel in my life.

The next day, Elder Monibidor and I were talking about it and found so many places in the Book of Mormon and the Bible where having a knowledge of God increases your knowledge of everything else. For instance, when Alma is talking to Korihor about how everything testifies there is a God and that the planets in their motion testify of him. I don't think Alma had a telescope back then. He must have learned it from God. Then, in Helaman 12:15, Nephi (or Mormon, whoever's talking) teaches us that the earth goes around the sun. So many people in the Dark Ages that the sun went around the earth. In 7 BC, a prophet of God know that the Earth went around the Sun. Why? Because he did what Christ has told us to do in 3 Nephi 13:33 - Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added unto you.

I finally figured it out:
- You want help in school? Study your scriptures, pray, keep the commandments.
- You need help with finances? Study your scriptures, pray, keep the commandments.
- You need help knowing what career to choose? Study your scriptures, pray, keep the commandments.

When you put God first, everything else comes after it.

I know that to be true because I've been trying to put God first for the past year and a half (I'm not perfect, that's why I put "trying") and I've been better able to understand everything else I'm doing and that I need to know. When you have God first, you have you're life in order, because He steps in a straightens the rest of your life. Of that I bear testimony, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I love y'all and hope and pray you're doing well.

-Elder Ricky-dude

--
P.S. The Church is true!
P.P.S. FROG - Fully Rely On God