November 7, 2011

November 7, 2011

Hello!!!

So, I'm in the Midlothian ward now and I have to say it's a really big change for me. The biggest changes are: 1) I don't actually live IN my area; 2) My area now is tiny compare to my last area. For instance, take a dinner plate, put it on your kitchen table, and you'll see how big my area now compares to my last area, (the plate is my area now, just FYI). Another big change is, the Midlothian area is a more wealthy area than ANY of my other areas. Yeah, it's pretty...... different.

It's a good different though. For instance, we have quite a few we are working with right now. One investigator came to church all by herself. We didn't even know she was coming because she was busy with family things and the missionaries here haven't been able to see her for a bit. That was pretty neat. Another big thing is my companion is from Nigeria. Elder Monibidor (whose picture I'm including) is hilarious and so much fun to be with. He's been out about 6 months and has been in the Midlothian ward for about three months now. He's a great missionary and he's really funny too.

Here are some things I really love about the area:

1 - The member support here is amazing. Not only do we get fed every night, and no I'm not joking (there goes my plan for losing weight) but the members are always asking if there's anything they can do for us. The ward really loves us.
2 - There's a whole lot of potential here in this area and it's just ready to pick up and go.
3 - We live in a house, not an apartment (like literally a house); the address of which is:

11506 Clintwood Terrace
Midlothian VA 23112

4 - There's an Outback Steakhouse and a Buffalo Wild Wings within about 3-4 miles of our house, and there are two places we eat free at once a week!!!!

We are so spoiled in this area its crazy!! I love it!

Anyway, I hope and pray y'all are doing well. Take care and be safe!

-Elder Ricky-dude

Pictures:

1 - Elder Monibidor, the crazy Nigerian
2 & 3 - A street in Charlottesville that I got a picture of before I left. They named it after me.

--
P.S. The Church is true!
P.P.S. FROG - Fully Rely On God

Elder Monibidor, the crazy Nigerian

A street in Charlottesville that I got a picture of before I left. They named it after me.


Ricky Road


View Larger Map