October 31, 2011

October 31, 2011

Hold off on all letters and packages!!! I'm being transferred!

I'm going to the Midlothian area in the Midlothian zone. It's actually pretty close to Burkeville so I'm excited about that. I'm going to be with Elder Manibidor (mon-IH-bih-door). He's from Africa. So this is gonna be cool! Midlothian is a city/suburb area, which is gonna be a bit different for me since I've been in country areas for an entire year of my mission. But it's exciting. I'm not going to be a district leader but my new companion is. Elder Harrison is staying here and the elder who's in Midlothian now is switching me spots. It's pretty neat.

I don't know what my new address is but I will let you know when I get it. So hold off on all packages and letters until then.

You know, you realize you've been out on a mission for a long time when you look at all your stuff and think to yourself, "how in the world am I gonna be able to pack all this stuff?" That's what I said to myself when I was told I was being transferred. I've collected a lot of stuff over the year and a half I've been out. It's nuts!!! But, with faith I can do it.

Other than that, I'm doing great! I'm excited to be going to a new area. I have a feeling that I have maybe one more area I'll be in before I go home, after this one.

I had a neat experience this morning. When I was saying my prayer before I started to study, I had the very strong urge to read Kings in the Bible. I had no idea why but I did. I read the part where Solomon asked the Lord for understanding and a wise heart and then the Lord blessed him with that and more because Solomon was humble. I felt I needed to ask the Lord to help me out too. As many of you know I don't do that well with large groups of people in a crowded place. I've become used to the country out here and whenever I do have to go into a city area I feel boxed in. So I prayed that the Lord will help me because He knows I have a hard time with those kinds of places. After I finished praying I had this peace and excitement about me. I knew me going to this new area is for the best. Everything is going to work out.

I love y'all and hope and pray you're doing well.

-Elder Ricky-dude

P.P.S. (prior to post script) Don’t forget to Look up

--
P.S. The Church is true!
P.P.S. FROG - Fully Rely On God


View Larger Map