October 17, 2011

October 17, 2011

Halo!

So this past week was pretty...... I don't know. It went by so fast I really don't remember it. What's really crazy is that on the 21st of this month I will have been in country areas for an entire year of my mission. Yeah, and then on the 26th of this month I'll have been out 17 months! Yeah............ It's going way too fast. It's really not fun.

It's really nuts to see how fast time is going and how things are starting to get really crazy in the world. Being a missionary right now is the greatest thing I could be doing right now. Even though there have been days where I've wanted to start bawling and felt like everything I've work so hard at is collapsing, where people we're teaching want to "take a break" from learning, or something like that, I keep going. Why? That's a good question.

Here's the answer: when everything seems to be slipping away from me, where the people I've been teaching want to take a break, when I feel like everything in the world is against me, I remember that I CAN'T do everything on my own. I have absolutely no idea what to do in those tough times and I know that I can't get through them on my own. When I get to that point I just pray and say, "I'm at my limit, I can't do any more by myself. I need help". I turn it over to God because I know I can't make people listen to me or fix every problem I'm having.

When you've hit a dead end in almost every direction, look up. That's where you'll get the most help. I know that to be true and I know that God will help. You just have to look up.

I love y'all and hope and pray y'all are doing good.

-Elder Ricky-dude

--
P.S. The Church is true!
P.P.S. FROG - Fully Rely On God