October 28, 2011

October 24, 2011

So.... here's the update...

So, just yesterday, the people we had set for baptism dropped us and decided to go back to their old church. So, that was a bummer.

But you know what, I've been working harder for the past little bit than I have in a while. So there's that looking up for me. But really this past week has been a test of how well I handle certain situations, such as investigators dropping us when they were doing so well.

We did find a new investigator. When we knocked on her door, she looked at my name tag and the first thing she said was "The Churhc of Jesus Christ? Well, that says it. I need to get back into church." That surprised the crud out of us because we instantly had an in with talking to her. We eventually gave her a large print copy of the Book of Mormon, which we just happened to have. We set up a return appointment and when we went back to see her she had read the chapter that we had left for her to read. We had a pretty scattered lesson but we committed her to read and pray to know if the Book of Mormon is true. So there is a miracle for us.

This past week my scripture study has been even more fruitful than ever before. I guess the biggest thing that is helping me is that I'm really focusing on what I need to know to be a better missionary. For instance, the past little while I was studying Chapter 8 in Preach My Gospel. I had never studied it before, but now that I have I've realized that there are some things I need to be doing that I haven't been. It's really helping me. Today I read from Jarom in the Book of Mormon. In there it talks about how the people were blessed because they kept the law of Moses AND KEPT THE SABBATH DAY HOLY. That was what stuck out to me because I know that Jarom knew that people wouldn't be keeping the Sabbath day holy when they received his record. There are so many things in the scriptures that help us even today and in every situation we may be in. So read them. That's a commandment from God that we need to read them.

I love you all and I hope and pray y'all are doing good.

-Elder Ricky-dude

--
P.S. The Church is true!
P.P.S. FROG - Fully Rely On God