October 11, 2011

October 11, 2011

So this past week was fun. We found new investigators and set two people for baptism. All-in-all, it was a good week. The people we set for baptism were people we found on accident really. (I know that there are no such things as accidents. I just using that example as what I would look like to someone on the outside looking in). We were going to find this former investigator and we went down this really long and rough driveway and there was a house way back there. So we talked to the guy there and found out that that wasn't the house we were looking for, but we shared the Gospel with him. He said we could come back. A week or two later, Elder Harrison went back when I was at leadership training and talked with the guys fiance. She said we could come back. So when I came back from leadership training, we went back. We set up an appointment and then at that appointment we set them for baptism. It was really awesome because the lady immediately said "Yes" to the baptism invitation. That was AWESOME!!!!!

We had president interviews again this past Tuesday. I really can't believe it's already been three months since my last interview with him. Elder Harrison pointed out that I have two more interviews with President Perry before my departing interview. :S I can't believe it's October really. I remember that when I hit my year mark I knew it was going to go faster, but I swear someone hit fast-forward a few too many times! It's already been five months since then!!! Where is time going!! What's even crazier is that now I'm 21, I know it's not too long and I'll be home. Crazy!!!

Anyway, I'm going to focus on my mission until the day I go home.

So Elder Harrison pointed something out to me today. For the past little while, a good portion of the people we talk to have been agnostic (basically believing in a higher power but that's about it, if I understand it correctly. If I'm wrong please let me know). And what's really crazy, is I've learned about as much about life, and teaching people, and stuff like that, from them as I have from members out here. That's pretty cool, to be honest. It just re-enforces the fact that people have pieces of the truth. They may not have all of it, true, but they do have some parts of it. Then you get some really crazy people who talk about how God uses light technology to travel through time and that we have that technology now (yes, someone has actually talked to us about that....)

Anyway, this mission is the greatest experience I've had so far. Not only do I get to meet lots of new and... a lot of the times, unusual... people. Then there are those experiences where you find that one person who needs the Gospel, and you're the person God wants to give it through. I wouldn't trade any amount of prestige, wealth, or recognition for those experiences that I've had and that I'm going to have. I always remember how the Lord said to people who bring one soul unto Christ: "how great shall be their joy in the Kingdom of my Father" (I don't know if that's exactly what it says, but that's the jist of it).

For those wondering about if they should share the Gospel with a certain person or just people in general, remember what the Lord taught Ezra in the Old Testament:

Arise; for this matter belongeth unto thee: we also will be with thee: be of good courage, and DO IT. (Ezra 10:4, emphasis added)

Right there we have the promise that God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost will be with us. We just have to go out and DO IT.

I know that God will bless us as we share the Gospel. We not only help others come unto Christ when we do that, but we help ourselves come closer to Him also. I know that to be true. That's my testimony in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love ya,

-Elder Ricky-dude

--
P.S. The Church is true!
P.P.S. FROG - Fully Rely On God

No comments:

Post a Comment