August 16, 2010

Aug 16 2010


Hey everyone!!!

Everything is good in the front lines of the work. We're pretty busy and stuff. The recording I'm sending is shorter than normal because I was half asleep when I recorded it and I don't remember anything I said. So please excuse me if some random thing pops in there.

I'm learning a lot and I'm doing well. I've realized this past week that there are so many distractions that Satan uses on us. I've been thinking of you all every now and then and I've realized that there are so many better ways to find joy in this world than through video games and things like that. I've made the decision that my life is going to go how the Lord wants it to go. I strongly suggest finding out what you need to do so your life can go the way the Lord wants it to go. I've been praying about this and I can testify to all of you, that if you listen to the Spirit and remove distractions (anything that is not in harmony with the Gospel) you will see miracles in your lives.

Elder Hunsaker, a missionary who is with the Zone Leaders, told me that I will start seeing my mission as home, and my home as my mission. I feel I have reached that point. I really do see my home as my mission now. I'm going to do all that I can here so I can learn how to better help you there.

I love you all very much and I want the best in life for you. This is the only way we can find happiness. I've been praying about you guys and I'm worried for you (don't worry, I still keep focused on the people here). I've prayed and I feel strongly impressed to tell you: if you all listen to the Spirit, you will find eternal happiness.

I love you. Please hold to the rod. Focus on the Savior and you will find the joy we are all looking for.

-Elder Mangum