August 23, 2010

Aug 23 2010


Hey there everyone!

I'm doing well out here in Virginia and once again, it's hot. It's fun though as we are having a good time. We are spreading the word and doing all we can to help others come unto Christ.

Mariah, I got the letters you, Brianne, and Alysa wrote. Thank you so much. That was just the pick-me-up I needed. It's tough checking the mailbox and having nothing there (hint, hint). Anyways...

I'm doing good. I need to make another hole in my belt now. It's on the last hole but it's loose by about an inch (woot!) I'm learning lots and I'm teaching lots.

One thing I want to tell you is that I love you all so much. There's a lot happening in the world and there's really only one place to find comfort. I say that a lot but it's true. When you're living you life the right way you will realize that you really don't have to be afraid or sad or nervous about things. When you're doing all that you can to live the right way, everything will work out. You have to be careful when choosing something to do, because there are so many things that you can clearly see are not from the Lord. They are things that suck the life out of you. For instance, some members in our ward, who are moving and wanted to have dinner with us before they left, took us to Applebee's. I went to wash my hands, cause I had food on them, and when I was walking back, I walked in front of a guy who was watching the TV that was there. I looked at his eyes and I saw an emptiness, a void in his spirit. I saw his spirit decaying right then and there. I saw Satan just laughing because he caught another person in one of his many, many traps. There's no lasting joy that comes from those things, only a temporary euphoria that ends so abruptly that it will cause you to do anything to find it again. I'm not saying this to rebuke you or anything. I'm telling this so you know that that is what I saw when I looked into the eyes of someone who's life is being replaced with a void.

I love you all. I really wish you could all be here learning the things I'm learning. There's so much that I want to share with you. So every week I will share as much as I can.

I love you. Remember you're children of God, the Supreme Governor and Creator of the Universe.

-Elder Ricky-dude