January 10, 2011

January 10, 2011

So great news!!!

I get to stay in Burkeville another transfer. And more great news.... I'm gonna be a father!!!! (which means I get to train a greenie!)

Yeah, last night we were at the Trent's and one of the assistants, Elder Rickson, called us and asked for Elder Gaunt. Elder Gaunt is going to Scotchtown, which is North of Richmond and Elder Rickson told Elder Gaunt that President Perry would be calling me. He called me not even a minute later. And he asked me to "step up and train a new missionary". President Monson, and President Perry, both tell us that the only time you step up in your mission is NOT when you become a district, or zone leader, or assistant, but when you train.

I have to admit, I was a little nervous and scared, but I know the Lord will help me to be a good trainer. It actually pretty weird, about half way through the transfer I started having dreams of me training. I said to myself, "If it's what the Lord wants then I'll do it". So the dreams came true and now I have to step up and become an even better missionary.

So last Saturday we got to cut down two gum trees at the Trents and we made two big brush piles that we are burning today. :) So it's gonna be fun and pretty cool.

We have two baptisms this Saturday and we are so excited about it. The kid, Joey Hammonds, who is going to be baptized is excited and wants to serve a mission. He's so cool! He's so pumped to become a member. And Beula Berryman, who is also being baptized, is an awesome old lady. This weekend is going to be fun, stressful, and probably one of the greatest weekends of my mission!

Love you all and take care

-Elder Ricky-dude

--P.S. The Church is true!

REMINDER - His address is:

Elder James Mangum
620 S Main St. apt B-8
Blackstone, VA 23824