May 16, 2011

May 16, 2011

So transfer calls came yesterday. I'm staying here in Lawrenceville and Elder Flora is going to be a district leader in the Meadowbrook area. I've been asked to train again. I had a feeling I might train again but I wasn't sure about it. Then when President Perry said, "I need to use your skills again. Would you be willing to train?" it surprised me a little bit. I guess I must have done something right the first time I trained to have to Lord and President Perry trust me enough to train.

Anyway, life is going good. I'm having fun and learning a lot. We are finding new people now and one of them is even going to make us lunch. I was pretty excited about that.

Speaking of food, at Taco Bell they have this new thing: 12 tacos for ten bucks!!! It's awesome! I ate every last one of them. It was really good.

Anyway, back to missionary work. I've learned that there is more to conversion than just a Spiritual and mental change. There is actually a physical change. In the Bible Dictionary it talks about it somewhat. I was asked to train on it for last district meeting and I just had a flood of revelation. I wrote as much as I could about it and then I had to sit back and say "woah..." Then I jumped in a re-read what I wrote. It was an amazing experience.

I just realized something very important. I just realized why I was put with Elder Flora. I wasn't the one who really needed to teach that much, but to learn. I learned how to truly be myself while being able to feel the Spirit and teach with the Spirit. Hopefully I was able to teach Elder Flora something that can help him.

Take care and always remember: there's no such thing as too much good food.

I love you all and hope you all are doing good.

-Elder Ricky-dude

--
P.S. The Church is true!
P.P.S. FROG - Fully Rely On God