May 2, 2011

May 2, 2010

This past week I had an awesome and enlightening experience.

We have a railroad spike in our apartment that's about 6 inches long. Well, as we were getting ready to leave the apartment, I picked it up and, not even thinking about it, put the tip of it right in the middle of my palm. I felt something rock my Spirit, and it felt like I just saw something very shocking and overwhelming. The Spirit told me right then that my own Spirit was remembering what I felt when the Atonement happened. I understood that we each have the potential to remember what we felt when the Atonement happened.

I know of so many people who say, "I wish I could have been there", talking about when Christ was in the Garden. Well, you were. You were there watching it all happen. Every single one of us was there. I remember what I felt. Now it's your turn to find out what you felt. You can do that by praying. Pray that the Lord will let you remember. Pray that you can understand the Atonement better.

The Atonement is the most important thing of all. Nothing holds greater weight than that. Many say that missionaries are to teach about the Restoration, yes that's true. More importantly, and the deeper meaning of our call, is to teach and testify that Jesus Christ, suffered in the Garden for our sins, was killed on the Cross, and rose the third day. Everything else is circumstantially based on that.

So, you'd think it's important to learn about it, huh?

Please learn more about what Jesus Christ has done for you. I promise you the Lord will teach you through his Holy Spirit.

That is my testimony, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

-Elder Ricky-dude

--
P.S. The Church is true!
P.P.S. FROG - Fully Rely On God