April 25, 2011

April 25, 2011

I'm sorry about not sending a mass email last week, I had to respond to a lot of emails that people sent me but I'm writing an email to everyone this week.

So, first off PRESIDENT PERRY IS AMAZING!!

Here's the story about it. Last Wednesday and Thursday, I was having a difficult time because I was trying to think of what I could do to help my companion become more obedient. I wanted to be his friend, but I want to do what's right also. I was stressed out the wahzoo and I almost had a panic attack. But I was reading my Patriarchal Blessing and I felt prompted to pray. So I did. Then the Spirit gave me the advice I usually give to everyone else: BE YOURSELF. As I was thinking about it, it hit me that I have to do what I'm supposed to do (like Buck told me to do in the very first letter I got in the MTC) and it will all work out. So, I took both of their advice. Then Saturday came.

We had interviews with President Perry last Saturday and, oh my goodness, I have been re-energized. It was amazing! I got to talk to him about a lot of stuff. Elder Flora to me afterward that President Perry knows more than we think he does about us. And that was true. He was talking to me about why I was chosen to be with Elder Flora and what I need to do. It was one of the most Spiritual meetings I've ever had on my mission.

Not only is President Perry a Spiritual giant, he's also hilarious. Elder White, a missionary in the Petersburg area, told President "Hey, I need to talk to you about marriage". Without missing a beat, President says "Mahwridge, is what brings us togeva today" (from Pricess Bride). We all about died laughing. It was AWESOME!!

But yeah, things are going great. Elder Flora is a different person after his interview. He's now more excited about being a missionary. President Perry talked to him about the need of change in culture in the Church. How (Dad, you'll understand this) standing up and saying, "Brethren get your home teaching done" every Sunday won't really change it. Something else needs to be done and Elder Flora is teaching me about it (don't worry I haven't gone off the deep end......... yet)

Anyway, I love you all and hope y'all are doing well.

-Elder Ricky-dude

--
P.S. The Church is true!
P.P.S. FROG - Fully Rely On God