April 4, 2011

April 4, 2011

So I'm being transferred to a place called Lawrenceville. It's actually only about 30 miles south of where I'm at now. It's a great area because they baptized someone even while the missionaries haven't been there for about 6 months. My companion is going to be a missionary by the name of Elder Flora. I'm pretty excited. I don't know my new address so HOLD OFF ON SENDING ANYTHING UNTIL I GET IT TO YOU.

Anyway, Conference was amazing as it always is. I received a lot of revelation about how to become a better missionary. During the first session on Saturday, about 15 minutes in, I knew I needed to be transferred. Then I received a lot of revelation about how to be a better person and missionary. I was wondering why I was getting so much more than I thought I would, then we got transfer calls and I realized why. Elder Flora is a missionary who's kind of lost sight of his purpose. I'm being put with him, and opening up Lawrenceville again, because it's a special assignment, as Elder Fairclough, an Assistant to the President, put it. So, any prayers I can get will be DEEPLY appreciated.

But this General Conference was probably the most Spiritually uplifting and directing conference that I've had in my life. General Conference, in the mission field, goes WAY TOO FAST. (Luke, you'll experience that when you get there) But there is so much power in hearing the General Authorities of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It's basically the Super Bowl for missionaries. Seriously, we get so pumped about General Conference that you'd think we're nuts!

I now know why General Conference is every six months. It's because it takes about 6 months for the Spiritual boost you get from conference to start fading away. Well, it's that way for me anyway.

But listen to General Conference and, when they come out, read over them and you will receive a lot of guidance in your life. I promise you that.

Love ya,

-Elder Ricky-dude

--
P.S. The Church is true!
P.P.S. FROG - Fully Rely On God