July 11, 2011

July 11, 2011

So this past week was interesting. Being a district leader is REALLY different from anything else I've done on my mission. You receive a lot more revelation, because you now have to worry about the other missionaries in your district. So, it's been fun because I keep getting ideas of things that can help the other missionaries in my district as well as what can help my investigators too.

So, there's a really cool thing coming to our mission. Actually, three of them. They are pilot programs for missionary work. But I only know about one of them.

The first is Church tours. I know many of you know that these have been going on for a while... BUT, not like this. The Washington Tacoma Mission has been studying what makes an effective church tour for the past year and have refined the process. Now, we have it and we are the only ones on the East Coast who do have it. When the zone leaders told us about it I knew immediately that our number of baptisms will increase dramatically because of this.

The tour starts at the foyer right in front of the picture of Christ. We explain how everything is centered on Christ and briefly explain the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Then we move to the Chapel, explain sacrament meeting, then to the sacrament table and explain that. Then we go to the Baptismal font and explain the need for baptism. All the time we ask the investigator envision themselves coming into church, sitting down where they would like in sacrament meeting, and envisioning themselves walking into the font and being baptized. It is going to be very powerful and very effective. I'm so grateful for the Lord and for revelation.

I know the Lord teaches us "line upon line, precept upon precept" as it says in 2 Nephi 28:30.

I love y'all and hope and pray you're doing well.

-Elder Ricky-dude

P.S. I can't send pictures because the internet at this library is REALLY slow. So I'm sorry about that. I'll show them to you when I get back.... in 10 1/2 months..... YIKES!!!!!

--
P.S. The Church is true!
P.P.S. FROG - Fully Rely On God