May 14, 2012

May 14, 2012

So.... Two weeks and counting...... but I'm going to finish strong.

I am working hard out here and trying my hardest to stay focused. As a companionship we're doing all we can to try and stay focused and avoid all distractions. We're doing pretty well at it.

So, I had this question this morning that I asked my companions and I wanted to ask you about it too.

Do prayers expire? I was just wondering if it's like a contractual agreement or something that has a termination date. I've always wondered that. What do you think?

I personally think they don't expire, AS LONG AS you're worthy to receive the blessings from it. I was reading in 3 Nephi chapter 19 where Jesus Christ himself kneels down and prays to the Father for the Nephites. I had prayed to find an answer to a certain situation and I then jumped into the Book of Mormon and started reading. Christ's prayer in verses 18-22 really stuck out to me and I had the thought about if prayers expire or not.

But there is one thing I know better than anything else: No matter what, God hears, answers, and remembers our prayers. I know that is true. And I can't deny that Heavenly Father lives and loves us and that Christ lives and loves us as well. They are both there waiting to help us. We just need to let them.

I love you all and I'll see ya in two weeks.

-Elder Ricky-dude

(P.S. family, I actually don't have as much stuff as I thought so I'll be okay with my suitcases. :D Just FYI)

Also, this is the Gregory family in the picture. He's the ward mission leader and we had dinner there yesterday. They're AWESOME!!!

-- P.S. The Church is true!
P.P.S. FROG - Fully Rely On God