July 26, 2010

July 26 2010


Hello!!!!

It's everyone's favorite missionary again sending an email to let you all know I'm still alive and kicking!

I would just like to say..... IT'S HOT OUT HERE!!!!! It's been above 100 degrees everyday for the past 4 or 5 days. It is not fun. We have a hard time staying energized and going but we still go out and work. We're not completely dead yet but every time I got to bed I'm asleep in about 3 minutes (which is fast for me).

Anyway, I'm sending another recording so you all can remember what I sound like. I talk about a lot that has happened in the past week. It covers most of what has happened but I'll go over what isn't in it (so you have to listen to it :P)

So this past week I was in the Franklin area and I got to hang out with Elder Bischoff and Elder PoVey (pronounced POH-vae). I got to see the middle of no where, and then if you take a left in the middle of nowhere you're in the ghetto. If you take a left OR right from the ghetto you're in the middle of nowhere. (Good luck figuring that out, because that's what the Franklin elders told me). We actually left the mission. It's okay though. We had permission. We had to leave the mission to get to this one street in their area called Fanny Road. You had to go into North Carolina and then back into Virginia and you were on Fanny Road. On a one mile stretch of road there was a grand total of (dut dut dut DUH!!!) 2 houses, yeah!!!! It was fun. Then we had to go back into North Carolina again to get out the other way. While I was there I got to meet a lot of the people in the Franklin ward and a few of their investigators. It was neat to see other missionaries and how they teach. They are great elders.

So yesterday we had transfer calls and guess what? I'm being transferred to.................... NOWHERE!!!! I'm staying in the Bennetts Creek ward!! So it's gonna be great. Elder Lowry isn't going anywhere either. There are going to be two major changes to our district though. The Smithfield brand is now going to have Elders instead of Sisters. Sister Adaniya is going to downtown Richmond (which Sisters are barely being let back into) and Sister Carter is going to the Midlothian ward. Sister Stoehr, from the Mount Pleasant ward, is also going to the Midlothian ward and two other Sister missionaries are going to be joining Sister Niemela in Mount Pleasant. We're also getting a new Zone Leader, Elder Duke. It's gonna be cool.

So everything is going well. I love you all and please send fudgies as soon as possible.

Elder Ricky-dude