December 20, 2010

December 20, 2010

How's it going?

Guess what? I got a root canal today and I bet you've probably never heard of someone who was happy to get a root canal. I WAS!!! I had an abscess tooth and had had it for about 4 days. I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on anyone. It felt like someone was driving a stake into my jaw, then shooting metal wires from my tooth to my temple, eye, top tooth, and in my ear. Then to finish it off, electrify it. Yeah....... and all from a stupid jawbreaker........ Don't chew on those. That's not a good idea. It cracked my top, back left molar so that hurts a little too. It knocked the roots of my bottom, back left molar all crooked so that the dentist broke two files in my tooth. He said that he got close enough to the bottom of the root that I should be okay, but if it causes problems I'll probably need the tooth removed. The joys of being a missionary! Opposition in any and every form! But that's a good thing. That means you know you're doing something good...(well most of the time)

So yesterday we had a return missionary talk in sacrament. He had a really great mission and it changed his life. Then in sunday school he came and sat next to me and said, "so who's that?" (looking at one of the members daughters who's about 21). I told him who she was and he kept asking questions about her. He then said "Sorry if I'm making you trunky" I just told him, "don't worry about it, it's not making me trunky. I know you're just filling out your potentials list". Then we were helping the Trents take stuff out to their car and we look..... and there he is flirting with the girl. We were laughing and joking about that for almost the rest of the day.

But we are going to the Roark's on Christmas Eve and from what we've heard... that's probably gonna be one of the most memorable days of my mission. Don't worry......... they video tape it. You'll get a copy, I promise. And I'll try to remember who I am (that's what the name tag is for....) It's gonna be fun. We're going to the Trent's Christmas morning, the Webb's in the afternoon, and the Roark's again for Christmas dinner. It's gonna be fun!

So, this Saturday..... yeah.... I get to call y'all. I'm excited. Once again I'll be calling buck's phone (because mom told me to) at 11am your time (1pm my time) and dad, I'll call you at 12pm your time (2pm my time). And NONE of you are going to cry. If you cry I will rebuke you over the phone (I'm just kidding, mom you can cry all you want).

Hopefully you all have received a package from me (mom, dad, and grandpa).
If not....... I have no idea what to do. I'll pray that they'll get there.

I love you all and I will talk to ya later!

-Elder Ricky-dude