June 27, 2011

June 27, 2011

So I'm getting transferred. Yesterday we got transfer calls and I'm going to an area called Rivanna and guess what? It's a country area!! Big surprise. The real surprise is... I'm gonna be a district leader!!!! Yeah.... I'm really nervous. I'm more nervous about this than I was the first time I was asked to train... and training takes a lot more to do. So, I'm going to be praying that I won't mess up too badly. My district will consist of me and my companion Elder Van Wangoner, and two, I repeat, TWO sets of sisters...... that means I can only do exchanges with the Zone Leaders. Oh and we have a senior couple in my district. Yeah it's pretty cool.

So, we had a miracle happen last week. When I got here with Elder Flora we received a referral from a member in the Wakefield Branch. We contacted her but we were never able to set up a time to meet with her. Then, last Monday, I felt prompted to call her. We were able to set up an appointment and we went out and saw her. She lives 36 miles from our apartment. That's basically at the edge of our area. Well, we took a young man in our branch with us to go see her and she tells us about what is happening. She's had 2 strokes, a bunch of mini strokes, and tons of other medical problems. She just wants some peace and comfort. We all were glad that we could go see her and her daughter. The Spirit was strong there and they were very happy.

They also have four dogs, two white labs, a miniature poodle and an 85 pound beagle. Yeah, it's more of a beastle. They found it on the side of the road, emaciated and with a big hole in it's neck. It had been shot but no vitals were hit, so it had a huge hole in it's neck. They took it to the vet and the vet told them, if they wanted to keep it, he wouldn't charge them for services, just for meds because he didn't believe it was going to live. Well, it lived and hasn't missed a meal at all. Yeah, it's awesome.

Other than that I'm doing well, and I'm not dead.

Love y'all,

-Elder Ricky-dude

There are tons more pictures that I'd like to send, but there's not enough space, so I'll send them slowly.

--
P.S. The Church is true!
P.P.S. FROG - Fully Rely On God