June 6, 2011

June 6, 2011

Yeah, y'all are fired. Not a single email from anyone...... I'm gonna cry..... not really..... but still

Anyway, this past week was cool. Saturday night to Sunday morning was insane. There was a huge thunder storm that past right over us and was lighting up the sky. It woke me up at around 4am (and y'all know that I sleep like a rock) and it was just going and going. It was nuts! Then around 5am I saw this flash and heard a boom at the same time. My eyes were wide open and I was pretty scared. Lightning struck literally right outside our apartment. We lost power and it didn't come back on until about 2pm. Yeah, so THAT was fun... :S

We had a zone meeting on Friday and that went really well. I learned that there are so many places where the Lord tells us to fear not. There were about 30 places that I looked at and that was just what I found in the Topical Guide on "Fear". I haven't looked at "Afraid" yet. The Lord really wants us to know that we need to not be afraid of anything. He is in control and He will take care of us if we have faith in him. I'm coming to understand that more and more as I go and work for the Lord. It really is amazing the things you learn out here. I wouldn't give this up for anything.

I know the Lord will help us in all we do and will help us come to understand what He wants for us as long as we are faithful.

I love you all and hope you're doing good.

-Elder Ricky-dude

--
P.S. The Church is true!
P.P.S. FROG - Fully Rely On God