March 12, 2012

March 12, 2012

Okay, I've got good news and bad news

The good news:

Elder Orr, my new companion, is insane.......... insanely AWESOME!!! He's a great missionary and he's full of energy and determination to do the work. And he plays the piano. It's awesome. We're going to completely change missionary work in the Midlothian area because we are super unified already, and we've been together for three days! Really, though, I've only been this unified with a companion or had this much fun with a companion like three times. I'm not saying all my other companions were bad or not fun; I'm not saying that at all. These times I'm talking about are the times that stick out the most; those times are, the first few days in the MTC, down in Burkeville, and after about three months of being in Midlothian. I'm including a picture of my insanely awesome companion and some other ones too.

Okay, so, that's the good news.

The bad news:
  1. My back has been acting up from old injuries (don't worry, I'll be okay)
  2. I haven't heard from a lot of you for a some time now. Just because I have about 2 1/2 months left doesn't mean you can wait to tell me about stuff when I get back. I get emails from some of y'all but not everyone. I'm just kiddin'.
No, everything's going great and I'm so excited to be here. And I've decided to go to BYU-Idaho. Even though the registration date has passed, I can still apply even when I get home. I'm going to get a Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering, then take it to a Masters, then possibly get a Bachelor's in Business Management or something like that. So, that's my plan for when I get home.

I love you all and I know that this is the only and true gospel of Jesus Christ. This is the only way to return to our Heavenly Father and receive everything that he wants for us. I know that Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father live and love us more than we can possibly understand. I leave that with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love ya,

-Elder Ricky-dude

P.S. The Church is true!
P.P.S. FROG - Fully Rely On God

Pictures
1 - Me and Elder Orr

2 - Elder Orr


3 - Mad-eye Mangum

4 - The old Midlothian district: Sister Friden, Sister Jones, Elder
Monibidor, and yours truly.