September 13, 2010

Sept 13, 2010


Hello everyone!!

Things are going good out here and everything is moving forward. I have a new companion. His name is Elder Hunsaker and he likes deep doctrine. He's helping me learn that I didn't know half as much as I thought I did. It's awesome! I'm learning more now than I ever have. And it has been humbling to realize that I didn't know half as much as I thought I did. So It was basically like cleaning off the slate, and starting over. This time, I'm catching on really quick with how I need to learn the doctrine. (Just to put any concerns behind, I'm NOT comparing myself to Elder Hunsaker. I'm comparing my self to where I was and what's just a little bit down the road from where I'm at.)

So, we are doing so many new things in this ward than what we have done before. It's going to be great and the work here is going to take off. I'm so excited. Every thing is moving forward and upward. We were able to meet with our bishop (the first time since I've been here :O I know) and we were able to establish that our purposes are the same. Now that we are becoming unified, we can work even better together.

I would just like to say, this missionary thing is tough. It's not for everyone. And even though it's tough, there's no words to describe what it's like to see someone feel the Spirit for the first time. It is amazing.

So if you've are going to serve a mission, serve one!! If you already have or are not able to, continue to serve in other ways!!! If you think you can't do it, think again!!

I love ya all and I hope and pray you're not dead, or dying, or sick, or going to be sick, or have a fever, or a runny nose, or are annoyed by someone, or....... well, you get the idea.

-Elder Ricky-dude