September 27, 2010

September 27 2010

Hey ya'll

Yes I'm now using the word ya'll a lot more than I thought I would be. I can tell you that you literally learn a new language down here. There's a lot going on right now and I know for a fact that we are truly being blessed. We have 6 people set for baptism and 3 are really solid. I've come to learn that setting people for baptism is easy, getting them to come to church is hard; especially down here in Virginia because of how many other churches there are that people go to. Goodness, you can find at least 3 different churches in about 2-3 streets. It's truly crazy how much confusion is here. But we're helping people clear up the confusion and find the true church.
I'm excited that general conference is coming up. This is going to be neat, going to the church for all 5 sessions. I want to tell you all that if you have any questions about life, or any concerns, if you pray and about them, then go to conference, you will receive an answer. I have a lot of questions so I'm going to be paying really close attention to all the different talks that are going to be given.

Goodness, it's already October. Where did the year go? It's so crazy that I've been out for four months already. It's like it was yesterday that I came to Virginia. But it seems like forever ago that I was in the MTC. It's fun being out here. The MTC was great because of the pretty good amount of food (spiritually and physically) but out here the supply of food, spiritual food, is endless. The more you learn, the more you learn there's so much more to learn. I know this for a fact. The more more understanding I gain in the gospel, the more I realize that there's more to understand.

Some times it gets a little discouraging, but Christ is there to help us in our times of need. He seriously will be. I can promise you that. He is there for us and He will always help you understand something if we are willing to ask.

I'm so grateful for the letters and emails I receive from you. It helps me see how much the Lord is blessing our family. It helps me know that the Lord keeps promises. (I'll tell you what I mean later)

I love you all and I pray for you often (because sometimes I have other stuff on my mind, like the eternal salvation of the people I'm teaching :)

Anyway, if there's any piece of advice I'd like for you to remember it's to not eat too much hot sauce. (It hurts!)

-Elder Ricky-dude