September 7, 2010

September 7, 2010

Hello everyone!!!!!

Guess what? I'm being transferred to the Bennetts Creek area! WOOT!! Yeah I'm staying put. It's not very often that you stay in your first area for as long as I am going to. Apparently the Lord still has work for me here.

Elder Lowry is going to open an area that hasn't had missionaries in 6 years. The Albemarle branch. Yeah it's pretty cool. They've been praying for missionaries for a long time down there. On the other side of the spectrum, the Franklin area is being closed down.

Other than that, Hurricane Earl passed us by so all we got was a little rain and wind. So it's all good. I'm alive and well. In fact I'm excited, because Hurricane Gaston may come for us. Yeah, will you keep an eye on that for me? We hear about all the weather from Bro. Delos Santos so we have a heads up really early.

We had a baptism last week. John Jordan got baptized after a long and arduous wait for the go ahead. But he was baptized and is now the newest member of the Bennetts Creek ward. (It's cool, his name is Johnny 'the Baptist' Jordan).

Anyway, I'm doing good and staying alive and preaching the gospel. I have a reading suggestion for all of you. It is Titus 3:1-11. This chapter is awesome. Especially verse 10 where it talks about being careful of foolish questions. We all know the questions where people are asking about deep, technical things involving the gospel. But you know what? Those are "superfluous necessities", as I have been inspired to call them. I was thinking about those questions while I was falling asleep and that's what the Spirit told me that they are. They are things that we need to know to reach Godhood, but right now we don't really need to worry about them.

It's the basic things that are important. And the truly wise know that. As it says in Proverbs 3:35 "the wise shall inherit glory". It's wisdom to know that by the small simple things, great things come to pass.

I love you all and I know that if we follow the simple steps that the Lord has given to us, we can have eternal happiness. That is my testimony in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

-Elder Ricky-dude.