August 15, 2011

August 15, 2011

So, the greenie's name is... Elder Harrison. That's his name. He's from Parowan, Utah. He's amazing. And he's training me!! Yeah, he's whipping me into shape. He hit the ground running and, as y'all know, I don't run very well, so he's really pushing me to stretch. In a good way. We're having a great time together and he's helping me see I can do so much better than I am doing. So it's really fun.

Being a District Leader is fun. I get to talk to the other missionaries in my district everyday and they're all sisters. So it's a little strange because I'm like my dad, I like to have fun and flirt a little when talking to girls. I used to do that a lot in high school. Now though, I have to NOT do that because it's inappropriate and undignified. What I do instead, is treat them as sisters, like they are my sisters, not as casual as when I talk to Mariah because, well YOU remember the conversations we have around the dinner table. Yeah I don't do that. I have to report on how my district is doing to my Zone Leaders at least three times a week. Every Sunday I have to report Key Indicators (number of lessons, people set for baptism, and so forth) to the Zone Leaders. We do this so we can measure our progress and also how each area is doing. I get to set up district meetings and have missionaries from my district train and train myself at those meetings.

Being a trainer I have to teach the new missionary how things go out here; where to email, when to plan and have companionship and personal study; when to weekly plan, and, this is the biggest part, how to teach people and how to listen to the Spirit to know when to say what the Spirit prompts you too. I need to do a lot of encouraging, some correcting, and a ton of loving to help Elder Harrison.

So, one thing that we've started doing is calling all of the former investigators. We were able to set up an appointment with one of them that way. We called them up and told them who we are and she said "I've been wondering where you all went!" So instantly I was so excited about the conversation that was going on. She said she would really like us to come over so we're going over Saturday. So that's what came from the former investigators. Now we're moving on to potential investigators. We're gonna go through and call all the ones that have numbers. It's already helped to whittle out which numbers aren't good and which one's are good.

It's really awesome. I have a really strong feeling that something great is about to happen in this area. We've started the engines on a C-130 (that's a big freaking plane by the way) and we're starting to move down the runway. It's gonna be awesome!!! Not only that, we were able to get a less-active member to come to church!!! That's like icing on the cake!!

Everything's gonna be AWESOME!!!!

Anyway, I love you all and hope and pray you're doing good.

-Elder Ricky-dude

--
P.S. The Church is true!
P.P.S. FROG - Fully Rely On God