August 23, 2011

August 22, 2011

So... things are finally picking up.

This past week has been AWESOME. We are being blessed a lot because, well, we're working a lot more and having a lot more faith that the Lord will bless us. We found 4 new investigators this past week and they're all pretty solid. We are having a great time here. Elder Harrison is really helping me. I now have a newfound desire to be lovingly bold with people. A switch has finally be flipped and I have a great desire to share the Gospel now. I really can't tell you how or when it happened, because I don't know how or when it happened. All I know is that it did and I'm gonna use it.

I am just so excited to share this Gospel it's not even funny!

I guess what really helped it was one appointment we had last night with this really cool family. They've been going through a whole lot and their marriage was in trouble. We had a member with us who's been through a few marriages until he found the right person and he was able to relate to them really well. It was a very spiritual experience and Elder Harrison said it was the most spiritual experience he's had on his mission so far. We testified about how this Gospel with help them in everything and that the Lord truly loves them and wants to help them. It's a make-it-or-break-it situation for them and I know for a fact that God sent us to them at the right time. This has seriously helped my testimony grow even more.

Another way my testimony has grown is by studying the scriptures. I actually study them and not just "study" them like I used to do. (That means I just read them and said "if I learn something I learn something. If not, then next time I guess I will.") Study the scriptures AND Preach My Gospel and I promise you that you will learn all things that you need to do. (see 2 Nephi 32:3).

I love you all and hope and pray you're doing good.

-Elder Ricky-dude

P.S. If you wouldn't mind, send me some pictures of you all. I actually don't have any. I'm going to put them on a jump drive and print them out to show my companions how insa--awesome y'all are.

--
P.S. The Church is true!
P.P.S. FROG - Fully Rely On God

My Companion - Elder Harrison:
Elder Harrison, my companion