April 30, 2012

April 30, 2012

Oh my goodness, you won't believe this.

So, there is this elder I'm living with who's name is Elder Spencer Canova. When I heard his last name I was like, wait, I have Canova's in my ancestry, hmmm..... So I asked him who his dad is while I was looking at pictures of his family, and he told me it was Paul Canova. That was kind of familiar, but not by much. Then I asked who his grandfather is and he said George Canova. That triggered something in my brain because I knew that GG has a brother named George. So I thought about it for a bit and the next day I asked him who his great-grandfather was............... Thomas Raymond Canova!!!!! I'm living with my second cousin right now!!!!!

He remembers the family reunions down in Parowan and Aunt Vi, Grandma-Aunt Hazel, and all those people! He even speaks Goose Latin!!! It's just so amazing I don't know how to describe it! Elder Canova is from Holladay, UT area and I just can't believe I'm living with my second cousin right now. How awesome is that?

Anyway, another strange thing happened this past week......... My trunky papers came. I have my flight itenerary and I know exactly what time I'll be getting home. 12:05am on May 30th. I have about a three hour layover in Atlanta, GA. So I'm going to be tired when I get home. But until then, be expecting packages of my stuff in the mail. I think I'm going to send one big box of stuff I can't fit (which is probably not going to be that much, but it could end up being a lot.

Okay, spiritual thought for the week.

God lives. He loves us and wants the best for us. The question is: Are we letting Him into our lives to he can give us what's best for us? If you don't feel you are letting Him in, there's one place you should start:

Read the Book of Mormon.

If you do that I promise you that your life will become dramatically more meaningful and peaceful. I promise you that by the authority that's been given to me to be a representative of Jesus Christ. I know that God lives and Jesus Christ is that. I love you all and leave that with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Ricky-dude --

P.S. The Church is true!
P.P.S. FROG - Fully Rely On God