February 13, 2012

13 February 2012

So, there is something I want to talk about. It's called: Motivation.
It's something that I have had a hard time with. For those of you who knew me before my mission you probably already know that. So, why am I talking about something I'm definitely NOT an expert in? I'll tell you....

I finally have gained some self-motivation. I finally gave up my fears and nervousness and just started doing. It's sad that it's taken me this long to start getting it, but at least I AM getting it. It's strange really, because it's actually not as difficult as I thought it would be. The trick is: choosing to be motivated, then to GO AND DO. And it pays off. Once you start, it keeps going as long as you don't stop.

I have about three months left on my mission. You're probably wondering "Is he trunky? Is that why he's talking about this?" No, that's not the case. I've come to accept that I'm going home in three months and there's nothing I can do to change that. What I can do is change how my mission is going to be for those three months. I'm going to make the last three months of my mission the best three months of my life so far. It's gonna be fun. I used to tell myself stuff like that all the time at different points of my mission, that I'm gonna do this and I'm gonna do that. And everytime, I failed to achieve that goal. This time it's different. This time I have something I didn't have back then: motivation, urgency, and an understanding of how vitally important this gospel is.

Something I learned in my last zone meeting was:

Vision, without action, is just a dream
Action, without vision, is passing time
Vision and Action, working together, can change the world

That's what I'm going to do. I have a vision, now I'm going to act on it.

I know that this gospel is the only way back to our Heavenly Father. I know that Jesus Christ lives, that God the Father lives, and that they both appeared to Joseph in the Sacred Grove. I know that with a shadow of a doubt. This is God's church. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

-Elder Ricky-dude
--
P.S. The Church is true!
P.P.S. FROG - Fully Rely On God

PICTURES
A random salamander we found outside our investigators apartment. He was just chillin' on the sidewalk when we came out.


It snowed Saturday!!!! But then the snow melted in about an hour....

I left a cup of water outside last night to see how cold it got and I found it like this in the morning.

Yesterday we made rolls and cinnamon rolls with a less-active family. It was great! (except I don't know how to make them fluffy, they were really thick and heavy.... any suggestions?)